Every release of Visual Studio continues to add more features to help improve developer productivity.
In this episode, we"re joined by Kasey Uhlenhuth (@kuhlenhuth) who shows some of the refactoring features available in Visual Studio 2017 and a few new ones that are coming in the Visual Studio 2017 15.8 update.
- [01:42] - Renaming support
- [03:11] - Extracting methods
- [04:05] - Inverting If statements (VS 2017 15.8)
- [05:41] - Adding parameters to methods (VS 2017 15.8)
- [10:35] - Documentation on available refactoring features
- [12:18] - VS 2015 refactoring support vs VS 2017
Take a look at the links below to learn more about the productivity enhancements available in Visual Studio 2017.
- Visual Studio 2017 productivity guide
- Getting started writing a custom analyzer and code fix
- Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8 Preview 3